Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a Finance Director for the remainder (approximately 2.5 years) of its USAID-funded Government Capacity Building Programme (GCBS) contract.
The Financial Director will be responsible for overall financial management and administration of the project.
- Provide overall financial management and administration of the project;
- Develop and maintain sound financial management and internal control systems in line with USAID rules and regulations and Pact’s world-wide policies and procedures;
- Ensure that financial reporting is in accordance with USAID contractual requirements;
- Manage departmental budgets and provide regular and timely financial expenditure reports for the organization and departments;
- Produce project quarterly forecast reports and submit to the donor;
- Monitor and review consortium partner monthly expense reports;
- Ensure compliance with various local laws and maintain financial files and support annual audits.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in Financial management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field, or a Bachelor’s or Certified Accounting degree with 10 years’ experience;
- 5 years of relevant development financial working experience; experience of working with or in the South African Treasury
- Ten years accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- South African candidates will be preferrable;
- A valid driver’s licence.
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Finance Director” to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday, 4 March @ 16h00
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.