Ekupholeni Mental Health and Trauma Centre
Ekupholeni seeks to appoint a Clinical Manager reporting to the Executive Director, who has experience in managing complex trauma as well as multiple programmatic interventions in a context of high levels of violence and under-development.
Position: Clinical Manager
Organisation: Ekupholeni Mental Health and Trauma Centre
Closing Date: 7 March 2016
Established in 1994, Ekupholeni is a community based NGO. It is a place of healing which strives to reach individuals, families, groups and communities in distress within the Kathorus area, and to engage them in a holistic process of healing, recovery and empowerment. Ekupholeni has three main programmatic interventions: HIV/AIDS and Bereavement; Gender-based Violence; and Social Crime Prevention.
- A degree in Social Work or Psychology (preferably in Clinical Psychology) from a recognised academic institution;
- A minimum of five years’ experience in managing programmes and people in an NGO environment;
- Ability to manage a diverse team of professionals and care workers in an environment with limited resources;
- Strong organisational skills, including good verbal and written communication skills, preferably with an ability to speak at least two South African languages (other than English);
- Knowledge of and experience in innovative and developmental approaches to trauma, violence prevention, recovery and empowerment at the individual, group and community level;
- Ability to work under pressure, with agility and flexibility in modes of working;
- Commitment to the vision and objectives of Ekupholeni; Experience in client advocacy, referral services, collaboration with public & private partners and crisis management;
- Willingness to travel to clinic locations throughout Katorus on a regular basis.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the clinical work of Ekupholeni across all programmatic interventions;
- Lead and facilitate the development, review and management of the organisations’ programmatic interventions;
- Do clinical work with individuals and groups;
- Oversee supervision of all clinical staff;
- Contribute to culture of learning; do training and oversee ongoing staff development;
- Keep up to date on the mental health field and programme interventions.
- Team builder/player
Remuneration will be market related and dependent on previous experience and qualification.
Starting date: 1 June or as soon as possible thereafter.
Application process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation, a comprehensive CV, and three recent work-related references to email@example.com; via the website www.ekupholenicentre.org; or post to P.O Box 751686, Garden View, 2047.
Please note that verification, credit and criminal checks will be carried out prior to signing a contract of employment.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only. Should you not receive a response from us within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.