Lawyers for Human Rights
Accountant / Finance Manager: National Office – Pretoria
Lawyers for Human Rights is inviting applications from qualified and experienced accountants to join our finance team at the LHR head office in Pretoria. Reporting to the National Director, you will have broad responsibilities across financial and management functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Management of financial monthly reporting, including management accounts;
- Maintain financial transaction and information processes;
- Analysis on cash flow, budgets and forecasts;
- Assist in developing the annual budget and quarterly budget forecast;
- Management and development of a finance team;
- Making recommendations on process improvements;
- Develop and implement core financial controls and systems;
- Produce core and programme reports, including financial reports for funders and donors;
- Control the balance sheet, including regional office bank accounts and provide cash flow forecasts;
- Monitor income, manage debtors;
- Produce end of year accounts and work with the auditors to produce final accounts;
- Maintain the general ledger for LHR and bring it to trial balance.
Qualifications and experience:
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary qualification in accountancy/finance management with at least 5 years experience and an understanding of NGO grants administration and contractual agreements.
To apply, please email a motivational letter, your CV with copies of qualifications and two contactable references to email@example.com before 15 March 2016
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more details about LHR, please visit www.lhr.org.za