Early Learning Resource Unit (ELRU)
Fixed-term contract until 28 February 2017
All-inclusive salary package negotiable on experience
ELRU seeks to appoint a Training Coordinator in their Lansdowne based office in Cape Town. Reporting to the Programme Manager, the incumbent will provide effective training administration and co-ordination support.
- Schedule and coordinate training activities for various programmes in an integrated manner which includes securing training venues, catering, room layout and training equipment within an approved budget
- Administer the photocopying of training materials, manuals and liaise with the printing and publishing service providers
- Maintain a comprehensive annual training calendar for all programmes, update and circulate to all stakeholders
- Administer training evaluations forms and compile reports for analysis and continuous improvement
- Prepare training certificates for attendees and administer the scanning of attendance registers and certificate on the online filing system for future retrieval
- Circulate and respond to bulk sms’s and emails regarding training and respond to associated telephone calls
- Set up and update a trainer information database and coordinate the engagement of trainers
- Provide administrative support for the Training Committee including preparing and circulating agendas and minutes
- Update information on the SETA database
- Obtain training associated quotes and prepare invoices for authorisation
- Draft monthly, quarterly and annual training reports
- A post matric qualification in Human Resources, Organisational Development, Education, Training and Development, Social Work or equivalent
- A valid code 8 driver’s licence with the ability and willingness to travel
- Relevant working experience in a training environment
- An understanding of the legislation regulating training and skills development
- Practical computer skills in PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook and Internet
- A pleasant, tactful and approachable personality coupled with the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Sound interpersonal skills and use of initiative and judgement to negotiate, compromise and problem solve
- Knowledge of generic office protocols and the ability to work well in a team context
- Ability to work under pressure and ambiguity to achieve deadlines in an environment of competing priorities
- Proactive planning, time management and organisational skills
- High accuracy and focus on attention to detail
Closing Date: 22 February 2016
To apply, please submit your CV outlining a detailed description of duties, your current salary, the names of at least two contactable professional references, copies of your qualifications, driver’s license and identify document to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title as the subject.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. Candidates may be required to participate in competency based assessment.