South Africa Partners
Supervisor’s Title: Country Director
Duty Station: Johannesburg
Duration: 100% Full Time, Fixed Term Project
Travel Required: 50%
Reporting to the Country Director, the M&E Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, and tools that will ensure accurate and timely information and feedback to stakeholders, and for planning and conducting of data quality assurance and monitoring activities and reports. The incumbent will oversee the various programmes, M&E teams, lead all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities; as well as support all aspects contributing to the efficient and effective attainment of all of SA Partners’ Programme’s goals.
- Manages, leads, plans, coordinate and supports development and implementation of research protocols, studies, demonstration projects and formative assessments (operation and implementation based).
- Leads efforts to obtain the necessary approvals (including Ethics Committee/Institutional Review Boards/ CDC/ADS/DOH, etc.) for use of data collected through programmatic activities for secondary analysis for research.
- Identifies areas for research and oversees research projects, documents research findings and supports submission of abstracts for conferences, journals for publication and supports presentation development for local and international conferences.
- Oversees and manages the M&E Teams for the programmes of SA Partners
- Contribute to the development of an organisational culture of research and evidence-based intervention development through sharing data, information, knowledge and presentation of relevant scientific literature
- Develop, implement and maintain robust monitoring and evaluation strategies and frameworks
- Ensure that strategies and frameworks are implemented and coordinated across all programmes
- Work with the Programme Managers, and the programme M&E Teams, to design and implement data collection tools and forms
- Support overall management of data quality and data quality systems for the programmes in collaboration with the M&E Manager and Officers
- Support the team to train and supervise staff responsible for data collection
- Oversee data processing including data transfer, entry, verification and cleaning
- Design, plan and implement evaluations, special studies and impact assessments
- Compile and present data for reporting of programme progress and impact to internal and external stakeholders
- Capture lessons learned and best practices to inform the organisation’s advocacy goals
- Work with the Deputy Country Director to strengthen the organisation’s overall M&E capacity
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree with 5 years relevant experience in Development Practice, Research, M&E and Information Management OR a PHD in a research field or equivalent qualification
- Experience with research design
- Two years grant administration experience preferred
- Extensive experience in developing monitoring, research and evaluation systems for multiple and complex programs and projects
- Experience in writing protocols for evaluation of programmes for a variety of funders (including PEPFAR/CDC)
- Extensive experience with structuring programmes to be outcome focussed and indicator driven
- Demonstrated understanding of data management systems
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative impact evaluation and field research models and data analysis.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience in working with and developing data management systems
- Experience in writing high quality reports to funders and other stakeholders
- Excellent English writing skills – all funders require English communication
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in working and communicating across all levels
- Strong planning, time management and project management skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and sustain multiple diverse internal and external partnerships
- At least a Code 8 driver’s license & own vehicle
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Results-oriented, professional, accountable and proactive
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver to a deadline
- Ability to work across different assignments simultaneously
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
Suitable candidates must send a motivation letter (non-negotiable), CV in Word format & contact details of three work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th February 2016, with an expected start date of latest 01 May 2016.
In the event that you do not hear from us after a month of the closing data, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SA Partners reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.