Come Join Our Board of Trustees
Positive Vibes Trust is a regional HIV Health & Rights organization with offices in Namibia and South Africa and a staff compliment of more than 30 people. The organization supports people living with HIV, Adolescents and Key Populations. We work across Africa and are part of a global alliance of organizations.
We are a diverse and dynamic group of people, who work with a strong set of values and an ambitious strategy. We are looking to augment our board with strategic thinkers who share our desire for a more equitable world.
Profile Board Members
We are looking for suitable candidates from within the SADC Region.
To avoid conflicts of interest, candidates should not have any direct association with organizations that are in a programmatic partnership with Positive Vibes.
The position is unpaid although reasonable expenses will be covered. It will involve travel, interaction and debate with the incredible people that are our board, staff and partners.
We are looking for people who fit some of the below criteria:
- South African or Namibian citizens or long term residents
- Good standing in their professional field
- Passion for Africa and its socioeconomic contexts
- Clean criminal record
- Governance experience, as well as experience with legal and/or organizational issues
- Relevant network, linked to, but not limited to: academia, politics, donors, trade unions, development cooperation and business
- Experience with human rights, democratisation, gender, sexual and health rights and diversity, and SOGIE
- Able to dedicate time to the governance of Positive Vibes, including 3-4 board meetings per calendar year
- A strong belief in gender equality
Board members are expected to attend meetings but also to participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings, e.g. advising the management team and acting in an ambassadorial role for the trust. We strongly encourage LGBTI and persons living with HIV who meet the candidate requirements to apply.
IF this is you, and PV matches your interest, then please submit a 1-page CV and a covering letter, stating why you wish to be considered for the role. Applications should be addressed to Esther Taapopi: email@example.com by 28 February 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.