Hivos South Africa
Hivos SA is currently looking to recruit a Senior Bookkeeper.
Purpose of the role: To fulfil the senior bookkeeping role in this nonprofit organisation with the goal of providing sound financial reports and information. This should include extensive experience in running financial systems, ensuring compliance, maintaining accurate records and reporting against general good accounting practices. Knowledge of project based finances is necessary, including multiple reporting requirements and Pastel software.
- Bookkeeping/Accounting function: Generate financial reports for management, reconcile accounts etc.
- Prepare Financial Reviews with FM: Provide overview of Financial Statements, (Assets and Liabilities, Investments, Banking Facilities, actual vs spending accounts to advise decision making for FM
- Assist in Monthly/bi-monthly SARS: PAYE, UIF and SDL and Governance issues related to this
- Manage company credit card and reconciliation thereof
- Manage all payments with the assistance of a finance admin officer
- Assist FM prepare, control and report on fundraising and provincial budget
- Preparation for Audit process and assisting auditors
- Update excel cashbooks (payment / receipts) to allocated cashbooks
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Assist with funding administration, fiscal management and check monthly schedules, report on cash flows etc
- Assist with preparation of cash flow schedules
- Assist with budget forecasts for daily operations and funders
- Assist with queries on cashbook and ledger
- Process journals to correct ledger
- General admin duties including filing, assistance to the organisation and management
- Grade 12 with Accounting Diploma/Degree
- 5 to 7 years working experience in finance required
- Computer Literacy and experience with accounting software packages – especially Pastel and Excel
- Ability to work on own, while still partaking in close team environment
- Ability to display a systematic approach to work (good planning, organisation and problem-solving skills)
- Excellent numeracy, written and oral communication
- Emotional intelligence, high level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience in managing grant-making activities and non-profit sector resource mobilisation: Donors and their reporting criteria
- Knowledge of BBBEE requirements and activities
Please send you motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 19 February 2016 at 16h00.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No correspondence will be entered into with any applicant.