Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement
Job Advert: Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement is seeking an Executive Assistant reporting to the Executive Director. Based in Cape Town, Inyathelo’s work focuses on the financial sustainability of civil society organisations and universities through its advancement framework. In addition, the organisation promotes philanthropic giving in South Africa.
The incumbent will
- report directly to the Executive Director
- provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship
- serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the Executive Director
- serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- must be creative and enjoy working within a medium-sized non-profit organisation that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented
- have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree / or relevant years experience in the field
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
A detailed Curriculum Vitae, as well as the names and full contact details (including email addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees, should accompany letters of application.
We are committed to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of race, sex or creed.
Applications should be marked “Confidential” and addressed to the Operations Director, at email firstname.lastname@example.org,
Closing date for applications: 17h00 on Wednesday, 18 November, 2015.