FHI 360, South Africa
FHI 360 is a global development organisation with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research.
FHI 360 South Africa seeks to appoint District Program Coordinators (x2): ( Ethekwini District - Job ID 16265 x1 and Ugu District - Job ID 16264x1)
The Program Coordinator will take on overall responsibility for the successful implementation for the Communities Forward program based in KwaZulu Natal.
Management of staff including Professional Nurses, Drivers, Peer Educator, Lay Counsellors and their team leaders in their respective District.
- Provide technical and managerial support and oversight of the Communities Forward project in the District in accordance with procedures and obligations specified in the grant
- Agreement and implementation arrangements detailed in the Project work plan
- Serve as project lead on implementation of Communities Forward activities in the District
- Ensure that program deliverables are achieved according to project objectives
- Provide overall program oversight in the district
- Coordinate reporting for weekly, monthly, quarterly and other data requests made by funding organization
- Supervision of project staff in the District
- Liaise with government and other counterparts as this relates to the project objectives, this includes attending meetings and participating in district events and working groups
- Coordinate the availability and use of required consumables for the HCT program including test kits and any additional requirements
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling and site profiles of the testing venues for the CBCT project inputs
- Coordinate administrative functions of the FHI 360 office
Coordination and Collaboration
- Work with stakeholders and partners in order to consolidate and strengthen the programme and secure its sustainability
- Lead provincial coordination of training and capacity building for sub recipients and partners
- Meet regularly (at least once a quarter in a group-setting and more frequently individually) with FHI 360, and other stakeholders to dentify issues and to report project accomplishments, constraints, etc.
- Provide quarterly status reports (technical and financial) to FHI 360 - Pretoria office
- Provide inputs for the monthly, semi-annual and annual project performance reports
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Interested candidates apply via our career webpage www.fhi360.org/careers. Please use the Job IDs provided.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.