Grassroot Soccer South Africa
About the role
The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for the tools, systems and standard operating procedures that monitor the performance of GRS programmes and activities. The person will be the key liasion between the M&E team and sites of programme delivery to facilitate high data quality, customer service and standardisation of practice. The M&E Coordinator is also responsible for implementing training and building capacity at sites to constantly improve our M&E processes. The M & E Coordinator will liaise closely with GRS Global to ensure integration between GRS SA programmes and the Grassroot Soccer Scoreboard, the Salesforce.com online data management system used by GRS.
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) was formed as an international HIV prevention organisation in 2002 and has reached over one million youth since inception with a highly innovative soccer based programme. We have diversified our work to ensure that in addition to HIV prevention, we provide access to a continuum of HIV services, including diagnosis, treatment and support. Furthermore, we tackle issues of gender-based violence, youth unemployment and substance abuse – structural drivers of the HIV epidemic – as we seek to overcome the twin burden of poverty and inequality. A truly global organisation, we operate in South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe, with partnerships in over twenty other countries.
Continual innovation is at the core of who we are and we’re not afraid to lead from the front. GRS isn’t for everyone, and a ‘fit’ with our culture is a must. You must have contagious positive energy, a passion for our mission, be self-motivated and demonstrate incredible teamwork. You will have the ability to convey complex ideas in a simple and concise way and a talent for building capacity and empowering people.
- A relevant masters degree is preferred
- 3-5 years proven experience developing and implementing highly effective monitoring and evaluation systems within similar contexts (non-profit sector and/or public sector)
- Experience reporting on multiple and complex grants (particularly USAID) and liaising with donors
- Experience with structuring programmes to be outcome focussed and indicator driven
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing high quality reports to donors and other stakeholders
- Advanced information technology skills: ability to use relevant software packages an advantage
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team, including training community-based staff and managing M&E data processes from the ground up
Only the exceptional need apply:
Write a letter telling us how you can make that extraordinary contribution, attach your CV clearly labelled “M&E Coordinator, South Africa” and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 4 November 2015.