The Association for the Aged (TAFTA)
TAFTA is a registered NPO dedicated to serving the needs of Durban's elderly residents. Providing suitable accommodation, including frail care, is the greatest challenge. TAFTA owns 14 buildings for this purpose and provides support services, such as Meals on Wheels and Home Based Care, to enable older persons to continue living in their own homes. Seniors' quality of life is also of paramount importance: opportunities for social interaction, entertainment and activities are offered through their Clubs and Service Centres. They rely heavily on contributions from local businesses and individuals to offer these services.
Reporting to the CEO, TAFTA seeks to appoint a Divisional Manager: Marketing, Fundraising & Income Development to favourably increase the public’s awareness of TAFTA’s corporate identity, brand and values and thereby secure sustainable funding and support for existing and future programmes, projects, services and new income development opportunities.
Main duties will involve:
- Direct and manage the Marketing, Fundraising & Income Development Division
- Direct, oversee and ensure the implementation of the total marketing and communications strategy externally and internally (including Events and Public Relations) across all forms of media. This also involves managing outsourced service providers.
- Direct, oversee and personally support the total fundraising effort of the organisation externally and internally in as far as this relates to Trusts and Foundations, Bequests, Grants, Corporate Donors, Individual donors, Website / Social Media, Direct Mail, Donations-In-Kind. This also involves managing outsourced service providers.
- Provide marketing and fundraising support to all new income development initiatives whenever required.
- Oversee the establishment and development of fundraising initiatives
- Personally establish, cultivate and nurture lasting relationships with key donors (Individuals, Corporate Donors, Trusts & Foundations) and ensure the Division takes same approach.
- Ensure brand awareness / communication goals are set and targets met
- Ensure the fundraising program is in place, goals are set and annual targets are met
- Contribute to and formulate strategic plans with the CEO and the Divisional management team
- Develop and plan annual budgets and control Divisional expenditure
- Manage and develop human capital within the Division’s staff
- Audit and improve systems / support for the various functions within the Division
- Completion of a post graduate business degree (MBA) or an Executive / Management Development Program would be a distinct advantage.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, e.g. PR Management, Marketing, Communications
- 5+ years proven experience at an executive level managing a marketing and fundraising department for a large NGO. The position suits a team player able to work and contribute as a member of a dynamic executive team on the one hand and able to lead and motivate the staff under his / her leadership on the other.
- An exceptional communicator with an excellent command of language (English is not negotiable) and with proven experience speaking in public, making presentations and writing proposals to a variety of audiences.
- Sound financial management experience
- Unendorsed driver's licence and own vehicle
- Ability to work under pressure and meat deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to motivate & influence staff in an inspiring manner
- High level computer literacy in Word, Excel, Social Media & Database management
Interested candidates must send a motivation letter, CV in Word format & contact details of three (3) work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates.
For more information of the organisation please visit www.tafta.org.za