Heinrich Böll Foundation (HBF), Southern Africa
The Heinrich Böll Foundation (HBF), Southern Africa Office (www.za.boell.org), based in Cape Town, is in need of a Finance Officer for a project on women’s rights funded by the European Union. The project start is January 15, 2016. The work contract will start on January 15, 2016, and terminate on October 15, 2018. The position can be part time OR full time, depending on the approval of additional projects.
The Finance Officer shall oversee all financial aspects of the project and assume responsibility for financial reporting in adherence to EU guidelines and regulations. Candidates should have a documented track record in book-keeping, financial accounting, as well as experience with financial templates, budgets, and reporting requirements. Candidates should have the necessary communication skills to be able to effectively liaise and communicate with the EU and partner civil society organizations. EU financial reporting experience is essential and must be documented.
In summary, the position includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Overseeing all financial aspects, budget and expenditures of the project;
- capturing financial record;
- ensuring compliance with financial guidelines;
- preparing accounts that adhere to EU guidelines and regulations;
- assuming responsibility for financial reporting to the EU;
- assuming book-keeping and accounting tasks for activities implemented by HBF including expenditure verification reports, detailed breakdown of expenditure, preparing cash flows and generating reports on cash flows;
- carrying out general administrative duties where necessary (assistance to the HBF Project Manager and Finance Manager);
- liaising closely with the bookkeeper in the partner organisation;
- coordinating with the HBF Project Manager;
- reporting to HBF Finance Manager and Director.
Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Grade 12 with Financial/Accounting Diploma/Degree;
- 2-5 years work experience;
- EU financial reporting experience;
- Advanced computer literacy and experience with MS NAV and Excel;
- Ability to analyse budgets, numbers, and expenditures;
- Ability to display a systematic approach to work (good planning, organisation and problem-solving skills);
- Communication skills and experience in correspondence with EU officials and their software updates.
Kindly send your application until 11 November 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Finance Officer”.
In your application, kindly indicate whether your preference would be a part time or full time position, and whether that preference is negotiable.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.