Students for a Better Future
The Andreas and Susan Struengmann Foundation was set up in 2008 to fund educational initiatives currently focused in the Western Cape of South Africa. The Foundation’s Students for a Better Future (SBF) high school scholarship programme enables academically gifted, financially needy students to attend some of the best high schools in the Cape Town area. The purpose of the programme is to allow these Scholars to fully develop their talents such that they can make a valuable contribution to their families, communities and country.
The SBF team is a small, dynamic and dedicated team of ten with high professional standards. We work closely together and every member of our team makes a tangible contribution to the development of our Scholars, with whom we develop substantive and long term relationships. We are currently seeking a Programme Officer – Scholar Selection and Events to join this team.
Main purpose of the role
The Programme Officer for Scholar Selection and Events has two roles to fulfill. He or she will:
i) drive and manage the critical Scholar Selection cycle whereby we select students best prepared to make full use of the scholarship opportunity. This includes outreach, selection events, applicant assessment and finalist recommendations.
ii) take primary responsibility for planning and implementing major SBF events in the Selection, Support and Alumni functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
- Five to seven years project/ programme management experience, preferably in an educational environment. Recruitment/ Selection experience a plus.
- Experience delivering complex, large scale events efficiently and professionally.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (reports, letters, proposals). English (required), Afrikaans and/or Xhosa preferred.
- Outstanding project and process management skills including planning, coordinating, delegating, documenting and attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship management skills to work with a wide range of educational stakeholders.
- Community-building skills.
- Team-player orientation and open and honest communication style.
- High levels of motivation and commitment to excellence.
- Sensitivity to organisational values and the willingness to subscribe to them.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to SHorst@studentsforabetterfuture.co.za.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about SBF, visit our website at www.studentsforabetterfuture.co.za.