The Association for the Aged (TAFTA)
TAFTA is a registered NPO dedicated to serving the needs of Durban's elderly residents. Providing suitable accommodation, including frail care, is the greatest challenge. TAFTA owns 14 buildings for this purpose and provides support services, such as Meals on Wheels and Home Based Care, to enable older persons to continue living in their own homes. Seniors' quality of life is also of paramount importance: opportunities for social interaction, entertainment and activities are offered through their clubs and Service Centres. They rely heavily on contributions from local businesses and individuals to offer these services.
TAFTA seeks to appoint a highly skilled and experienced Corporate Fundraiser in their Durban head office. The primary function is to develop the Corporate Programme, achieve annual targets and increase public awareness of the organisation.
The main KPA's involve:
- Ensure financial targets are met, proposal writing, presentations to potential corporate donors/funders, oversee donor functions, report writing, research and reconcile donations.
- Increasing TAFTA's awareness and brand development
- Liaise with media regarding TAFTA's activities
- Assist with planning & implementing all fundraising activities which will include events, tours and presentations
- Establish and maintain healthy and long term relationships with donors and funders
- Assist with budget planning
- Relevant tertiary qualification in e.g. PR / marketing / communications
- A proven track record of 5+ years doing corporate fundraising
- Track record must prove that substantial funds were raised annually and that repeat funding was consistent
- Proven and demonstrable ability to research and access funding from corporate donors through building strong and lasting relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Financially and administratively competent to manage all compliance related issues for CSI funding
- Budget planning experience
- Good CSI networks
- Strong report writing skills
- High level proposal writing and presentation skills
- Unendorsed driver's licence and own vehicle
- Good public speaking skills
Interested candidates must send a motivation letter, CV in Word format & contact details of three (3) work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates.
For more information of the organisation please visit www.tafta.org.za