Fair Trade Tourism
Fair Trade Tourism (FTT) is Africa’s leading responsible tourism organisation with a mandate to increase demand for responsible travel linked to growth in supply of FTT-certified products and experiences in a growing number of southern African destinations.
Reporting to the FTT Managing Director, the Finance Controller will form part of the management team. S/he will perform a wide range of duties that contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks, overseeing budgeting and accounting.
Responsibilities include financial accounting and reporting, payroll preparation and administration and budget preparation, as follows:
- Prepare and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; and manage cash flow, the bookkeeping funnction and maintenance of general ledger accounts.
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions and monitor departmental budgets.
- Prepare all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid timely and accurately.
- Prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Managing Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A university degree, college diploma or equivalent in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/ Administration.
- Three to five years of progressive financial experience and proficieny in the use of various computer programmes
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.