Medecins Sans Frontieres
Through delegation by the Medical Coordinator, ensuring the proper functioning of a medical or paramedical activity (Mental health, Patient Support, Health Promotion, etc.) in the Mission, according to MSFs protocols and procedures. Providing coordination at mission level and support to the Project Activity Managers. Based in Mowbray, Cape Town with at least 60% time in the projects.
SUMMARY OF THE POST:
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the activity at mission level according to MSF protocols and procedures through.
- Monitoring and evaluating the activity at mission level.
- Participating in the definition of strategies and protocols for the activity of the mission and projects.
- Represent MSF before the Ministry of Health and other (inter)national partners for any issue concerning the area of responsibility.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have:
- Education: University Degree in (e.g. psychology/ counselling/ social sciences/ communication/ health promotion/ educational sciences).
- Experience: Essential, working experience of at least two years in related jobs and of at least one year with MSF as activity manager in the medical area of expertise; Previous working experience in HIV/TB settings; Experience in related field with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy; Required Languages: Fluent written and spoken English.
- Required Attributes: An understanding of and commitment to the aims and values of MSF; Ability to handle the pressures and stresses related to the job responsibilities; Frequent travels nationally and to rural areas (at least 60% of the time spent in the projects).
Job Advantages and Career opportunities:
Experience in a well-known and professionally recognised international medical humanitarian organisation; Salary package and benefits comparable to other non-profit organisations.
To apply, please email your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
MSF reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While MSF thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please read the full description of the post HERE.
CLOSING DATE: 25 OCTOBER 2015.