FHI 360, South Africa
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally drivn solution. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S States and territories.
CaSIPO is a 5 year (2013-2018) USAID funded project that seeks to promote the integration of Comprehesive Care and Support (CCS) services at all levels of health care and in social welfare structures through South Africa.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Assistant: Care and Support (Gauteng).
- Provide support to the Provincial Manager and Technical Lead Referrals and Retention in the roll out of national and provincial retention and referral strategies
- Provide Technical Assistance and expertise to other members of the team in implementation of the policy/strategy at district level
- Provide Technical Assistance to the allocated District Management Teams to strengthen referral, retention and adherence models
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the relevant District Management Team members
- To provide Technical Assistance to the Distric Management Teams in Adherence and Retention models for HIV and TB programmes
- Provide technical assistance to identified sites in the integration of Comprehensive Care and Support to strengthen retention and adherence
- To establish effective working relationships with identified implementation site management staff
- To ensure all relevant site staff are trained in Comprehensive Care and Support, Adherence models and the District referral system
- Supporting the development and monitoring pf project work plans for the District Management team
- Contribute to project reporting as agreed
- Participating in regular monthly/quarterly meetings to review progress, monitoring and reporting to policy developments, dissemination plans and TA indicators
- Keep abreast with current trends in HIV/TB treatment and care both nationally and internationally
- Keep abreast with all guidelines, policies, SOPs developed in line with CaSIPO programme
- Be willing to participate in activities beyond the job description which will contribute to personal growth without compromising activity pan and job description
- Master's degree in public health or related field plus 5-10 years' experience in the public health sector, preferable in the area of HIV care and support advantageous.
- Knowledge of the South African public health sector broadly and the area of HIV care and support specifically
- Comprehensive Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures in the area of care and support(palliative care)
- Familiarity with government structures and processes in South Africa, as well as the public health, donor and partner landscape
- Negotiation, networking and strategic representation skills
- Interpersonal skills, including expertise in facilitation and partnership liaison
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethical consideration with regard to care and support services
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.iency in Microsoft Office
Interested candidate may apply on the FHI 360 Career portal www.fhi360.org/careers. The Job ID for the position is 16182.