mothers2mothers (m2m) is eliminating transmission of HIV from mothers to babies and sustaining the health of women and children with its proven Mentor Mother model. Since its inception, m2m has reached more than one million mothers across the African continent. Founded in Cape Town in 2001, m2m is a partner in the United Nations’ Global Plan towards the Elimination of New HIV Infections among Children by 2015 and Keeping their Mothers Alive. Learn more at m2m.org or follow mothers2mothers @m2mtweets
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager: Programme Innovation and Intervention Design to catalyse, coordinate, and consolidate programme innovation and technical guidance, as well as support the roll-out of innovation and new components of the PMTCT, RMNCH, ECD and OVC programmes, ensuring technical success in implementation and continued programme refinement. This position will manage programme innovation through coordinating the design of new projects and programmes such as Adolescent Health, Paediatrics and other technical developments aligned with our Strategic Plan. This position is based at our head office in Cape Town reporting to the Director of Programmes & Technical Support.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manages the recruitment, selection, and supervision of technical experts and consultants who contribute to the design and development of programme activities that include PMTCT, RMNCH, ECD/OVC, Paediatrics and Adolescent Health.
- Manages, oversees and ensures the technical quality of programme innovation.
- Supports early implementation and quality assurance by managing the development, review and finalization of work plans, as well as monitoring progress towards targets and addressing barriers to meeting technical quality standards.
- Participates in developing grant proposals, presentations, publications, reports and abstracts.
- Identifies and communicates key areas of learning or programme innovation.
- Defines, develops, executes and continually updates technical programmatic strategies in line with the Strategic Plan and organisational strategic direction.
- Establishes processes and procedures to facilitate optimal project management for technical excellence and improved project accomplishments.
- Leads knowledge management of latest developments, publications, research and other knowledge generation in Africa and globally in relevant existing and new programmatic areas.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Public Health (with a focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS) or Social Sciences (i.e., Anthropology, Psychology or Sociology)
- Minimum ten (10) years’ progressively responsible experience in designing and managing public health programmes in areas such as HIV, PMTCT, ECD, Paediatrics, Adolescent Health and RMNCH with at least five (5) years’ experience in sub-Saharan Africa
- Ability to source, deploy and manage technical expertise
- Ability to work in large, small, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively address complex situations using interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and innovative thinking
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds
- Experience with U.S. Government programmes, preferred; experience with multilateral and bilateral donors expected
- Willingness to travel
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae to the Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com by 16 October 2015. Please insert Innovation in the subject line.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us by 30 October 2015, please consider your application unsuccessful.