Save the Children International
SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
JOB TITLE: Project Director (Economic Strengthening), ASPIRES SA
Type of Contract: Fixed term contract for 2.5 years
Save the Children International is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
As a technical assistance partner to FHI 360’s ASPIRES South Africa project, Save the Children builds the capacity of youth-serving organizations in South Africa on a comprehensive range of economic strengthening (ES) strategies for young people as part of an integrated multi-sectoral package of programming. The Project Director will provide leadership for the vision, strategy, and operational plan for the ES component of ASPIRES SA and is accountable for coordinating with key partners, measuring progress, and achieving results.
This position will involve coordination and administration of all aspects of the project, including but not limited to: planning and coordination, technical quality assurance, performance management for staff, partnership establishment and management, stakeholder engagement and management, as well as overall project management responsibilities including strategic budget allocation. The position will also have responsibility for building and sharing corporate capacities in the area of ES for youth, and maintaining SC’s reputation with the donor and the broader industry.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field coupled with 10-15 years of experience working in economic strengthening for vulnerable populations (e.g., financial education, formal and informal / community based savings mechanisms, entrepreneurship, employability), especially at-risk adolescent youth in HIV-affected contexts.
- Familiarity with helping youth to access vocational and tertiary education, and experience with program implementation in the context of rigorous research (highly desirable).
- Significant experience or interest in integrated programming.
- Significant experience in sub-Saharan Africa (South Africa experience strongly preferred).
- Skilled in providing technical assistance to build the capacity of non-profit organizations working in the fields/contexts mentioned above, as well as in designing and delivering trainings for both adult and youth learners.
- Previous management experience and strong team building skills, as well as an affinity for coaching and mentoring staff to lead a productive and coordinated team that achieves results with quality.
- Ability to coordinate various types of contributors and balance demands of diverse stakeholders while driving project agenda.
- Strong partnership establishment and management experience with both the private and public sectors.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication (in English) and analytical skills.
- South African citizenship or permanent residency (required).
- A valid driver’s license.
For a more detailed Job description and how to apply please visit our website on: https://www.savethechildren.net/job