Positive Women’s Network
ABOUT POSITIVE WOMEN’S NETWORK
Positive Women’s Network is a Non-Profit Organisation providing community services and programmes to positively empower marginalised women and other people living with HIV in South Africa. Since inception, and every year since, our work positively impacts the lives of over 256,196 women infected and affected by HIV in Gauteng, Mpumalanga, the Eastern Cape, and KZN. We provide access to clinics and treatment, outreach programmes & workshops, support groups, income generation projects and condom distribution as well as advocating for HIV, gender and human rights. PWN aims to create an environment in which people living with HIV and AIDS are given opportunities to thrive and remain health – free from stigmatisation and discrimination because of their HIV status.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Finance Manager’s role is a PART TIME position where the Finance Manager is to take responsibility of PWN’s Finance function, ensuring compliance, reporting and accurate maintenance of financial records. They play a key role in maintaining financial funding requirements as stipulated by the funders of PWN
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial and donor reporting
- Cash flow management
- Audit preparation
- Management Budget
- Payroll and Taxes
- General Finance and Administrative role including preparation of Funding requirements
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Ability to develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partnering organisations at all levels.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but also capable of working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Has good communication, organisational and writing skills
- Has excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication and organisational skills
- Goal-oriented (i.e. someone who does not give up easily and will continuously seek new ways to achieve a desired outcome)
- Comfortable managing upwards and across a diverse team
- Is detail oriented: believes that the “little things” often can make the difference
- Someone who enjoys and thrives in the uncertainty and ever-changing nature of an entrepreneurial environment.
- Extremely driven and flexible with working hours, (i.e. not frightened with working long hours and weekends if that is what is required to get a job done).
- A dynamic achiever (a self-starter) that can seize a vision and transform it into reality with minimal guidance.
- An exceptional team player, who will do whatever is necessary to ensure the success of the project.
- A learner—someone who frequently asks for and gives feedback.
- Is a great relationship builder and has a great telephone manner.
- Someone able to prioritise and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritising, and managing time efficiently.
- Ability to operate under solid pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Computer literate and comfortable to use technology
- Has the ability to learn and apply new skills and knowledge.
- The Finance Manager reports to the Executive Director
- The Finance Manager will be based in the PWN Rosebank Office.
APPLICATION TIMELINE AND PROCESS
- Interested applicants should apply by 30th October 2015
- Applications should be sent to either HR@pwn.org.za or Apply via the link below