Fair Trade Tourism
Fair Trade Tourism (FTT) is Africa’s leading responsible tourism organisation with a mandate to increase demand for responsible travel linked to growth in supply of FTT-certified products and experiences in a growing number of southern African destinations.
Reporting to the FTT Managing Director, the Client Services Manager is the entry point for communicating with and retaining existing clients, including FTT-certified clients in South Africa and a growing number of other African destinations, currently Madagascar and Mozambique. Duties include:
- customer relationship management
- strengthening the value proposition for FTT certification through increased market exposure, PR, training and other services
- creating high levels of client partner retention
- new product acquisition based on an annual, targeted acquisition plan
- planning and facilitating sales trips and workshops
Applicants should have:
- a relevant tertiary qualification with sales and marketing experience
- ideally ten years experience in the travel and tourism industry
- a firm understanding of Fair Trade and sustainable development
- demonstrated knowledge of the South Africa, African and international travel and tourism sector including tourism value chains
- strong networking and communication skills with existing tourism private sector networks
- a high level of proficiency in Microsoft software applications
- a valid drivers licence and own car and an ability to travel regionally and internationally.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.