Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a National Programme Manager for its USAID-funded Government Capacity Building Programme (GCBS).
NATIONAL PROGRAMME MANAGER
The National Programme Manager will be based at Pact and provide day-to-day support for the implementation of the programme. This includes overseeing the roll out of the agreed upon programme work plan and related implementation plans at both national and provincial level with an additional emphasis on establishing community based child protection referral systems.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Support the Technical Director in overseeing GCBS programme activities.
- Ensure programme activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor.
- Responsible for supporting the development and execution of programme deliverables, including planning, budgeting, work plans and monitoring processes.
- Assume responsibility of the establishment of referral systems for child protection and health services at district level, offering technical and capacity building support as needed.
- Assume responsibility for strengthening community based coordination mechanism to coordinate site level referral and service delivery system.
- Responsible for supporting in the development of activity reports, meeting minutes and progress reports on regular basis.
- Coordinate and participate in programme design, implementation and monitoring activities.
- Support the team in trouble shooting problems and identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Ensure alignment and linkage of programme interventions with other national strategies and plans.
- Ensure alignment and linkage of programme interventions with USAID/PEPFAR core programme focus – reducing incidents of HIV and Aids, care and support to OCVY.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work;
- 5 years of relevant development country experience in programme management and building capacity within social welfare related organisations and systems;
- Previous experience working with or within the South African Government, preferably at DSD or similar agency;
- Knowledge of child protection systems and legislation;
- Familiar with referral systems and relevant protocols. Ability to coach others on these methodologies;
- Strong team player with the ability to navigate complex organisational structures and motivate people for program participation;
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and/or district levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills, must have a proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse counterparts;
- Ability to work in a high profile and fast paced environment
- Strong technical writing skills and excellent presentation skills
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package especially MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Access, etc.
- Must be a South African national with fluency in English and preferably local indigenous South African languages
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel substantially within SA
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “National Programme Manager” to email@example.com.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.