(KwaZulu-Natal & North West)
The 2 Provincial MERL Managers / Advisors positions are equivalent to Director level and will be based within DSD Provincial Offices as per above provinces. They will be responsible to carry out the following
Key Functions but not limited to
- Provide leadership and coordination support in the implementation of work plan activities for strengthening MERL capacity by generating and using high quality data for decision making at provincial and district levels
- Provide oversight and management of the MERL Capacity development agenda including training activities at provincial level.
- Provide support in establishing systems for supervision, mentoring and coaching of MERL staff at district levels.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience
- A Masters’ degree in Social, Behavioural or Health Sciences with practical experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities in the HIV/AIDS health sector. In addition to the minimum required experience below, additional relevant professional experience may be substituted for a Masters Degree.
- A minimum of 7 relevant professional experience in evaluation and research design, data collection and analyses, indicator construction, curriculum development and computer software, i.e. MS Word and database programs.
- If in possession of an Honours degree as per above requirements, 10 years professional experience is required.
- Experience with evaluation and impact reporting to donors and project managers, demonstrating both analytical rigor and practicality.
- Previous experience in working with SAG Social sector and understanding of government MERL systems and requirements
- Strong team player with an ability to navigate complex organizational structures and motivate people for program participation;
- Excellent communication and writing skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and/or district levels;
- Strong technical writing skills, development of reports and excellent presentation skills
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package especially MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Must be a South African national with fluency in English and one local indigenous South African language
- Should be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel substantially
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Name of the Position and Province” to firstname.lastname@example.org. NB: Send a CV for each Province you apply for.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.