WSSF Award: For women in rural empowerment
Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 08:46
Soul Beat Newsletter, 13 October 2004 Deadline: 1 March 2005 Awarded by the Women's World Summit Foundation (WWSF) - an international NGO for the empowerment of women and children - the Prize (US$500 each) honours creative and courageous women and women's groups around the world for their contributions to improving the quality of life in rural communities. Who can apply?
- Nominees should be women, or groups of women, currently active in rural life whose efforts have not yet been acknowledged by other awards. They may not nominate themselves.
- The nominating organisation or individual must have direct experience of the nominee's work. The nominator may not nominate a family member, be a member of the nominated organisation, nor can an organisation nominate its senior officer (i.e. founder, president etc.). No more than 3 nominees may be presented by the same person/organisation in a given year. The nominator commits to organising an award ceremony if its nominee is selected and to invite the media.
- Exceptional courage and perseverance in improving rural life;
- Creativity in the approach;
- Preservation of and respect for the environment; and
- Continuing impact on the community.