SN-Announce is one of SANGONeT's electronic information services in support of the NGO and development sectors in Southern Africa.
This e-mail-based communication and advertising tool has a potential readership of more than 20 000 people, and remains one of the most cost-effective and efficient ways to reach NGOs, development practitioners, academics, researchers, trade unions, funders, government officials and others working in the development sector.
Anyone involved in development work, including government departments and for-profit organisations with a development focus, can advertise on SN-Announce.
Information distributed on SN-Announce includes announcements about vacancies, conferences, fundraising events, new publications, RFPs, training courses, research projects, petitions and professional services relevant to the development sector.
Guidelines for posting announcements:
- Announcements should be no longer than two pages (in MS Word).
- Short, but clearly descriptive heading/subject line.
- Include date of the event or deadline for applications, a contact person, a contact e-mail address and telephone number.
- Your e-mail application must be set to send 'plain text' messages and NOT HTML messages.
- Include your billing details at the top of the message.
- Announcements must be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Announcements received before 14h00 will be distributed on the same day.
- Submissions made after 14h00 will be carried over to the following working day.
Cost to post an announcement:
- Non-profit organisations - R650 (excl. VAT)
- For-profit organisations - R850 (excl. VAT)
- Repeat an announcement for R250 (excl. VAT) per repeat.
All SN-Announcements are archived on the NGO Pulse portal.
To subscribe, just send an e-mail message to email@example.com, with the words "Subscribe to SN-Announce" in the subject line. Subscription to this service is free.
For more information about how you can benefit from SN-Announce, please contact Nicolle Beeby at SANGONeT on Tel: (011) 403-4935 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.