Mail and Guardian, 20 August 2004
Event: 25 October 2004
Deadline for proposals: 3 September 2004The Shuttleworth Foundation and PetroSA is hosting the Innovation Bazaar in Johannesburg on the 25 October 2004. The one-day event will provide the opportunity for innovative Gauteng and Western Cape school-based projects education in the fields of Science, Technology, Entrepreneurship and Maths (STEM) to showcase their projects and network with funders. As part of the vetted projects category, 23 projects have been selected, assessed and trained. As part of the open, non-vetted category, 30 projects are invited to forward proposals for showcasing at the Innovation Bazaar. Project proposal criteria include:
- school education in maths, science, technology or school focussed entrepreneurship training;
- project not more than five years old;
- presenting the maximisation of resources in subject matters mentioned;
- demonstration of innovative methodologies and outcomes in subject matters mentioned;
- achievable objectives and sustainability; and
- organisation with tax exemption status.
Proposals should include a summary of organisation details, description of project, objectives and outcomes, budget, sustainability plans and innovation of project.