University of Cape Town: 2012 Women in Leadership
Monday, November 28, 2011 - 16:15
The Graduate School of Business (GSB) - University of Cape Town
The GSB is conducting a course on Women in Leadership from 11-14 June and 13-15 August 2012 in Cape Town.
The programme has proven to be a powerful catalyst for women who want to take their leadership to the next level. It is designed to offer a transformative experience through a deep understanding of one’s own leadership style and impact and exposure to the best leadership practices available in the GSB Executive Education local and global knowledge network. A lot of emphasis is placed on the exchange of insights with other participants to benefit from each other’s experiences.
The course is aimed at women in a middle or senior management position who want to develop and use their leadership potential to the full, to realise opportunities for themselves and their organisations.
What the programme offers
The Women in Leadership programme 2012 consists of two modules. In between the modules and after the programme, the participants discuss the application of their learning with each other via an on-line platform and in face-to-face meetings with their peers.
Module 1: Leadership Style, Impact & Purpose
The first module of the programme has a personal leadership mastery focus. The agenda of the first module is shaped by a number of fundamental questions and topics including (but not limited to):
- What is leadership about for me?
- When it comes down to it, what do I stand for as a leader?
- What is unique about me as a leader?
- What are my intentions as a leader and what is my impact?
- How can I bring the best of myself as a leader?
- How do I keep seeing with fresh eyes?
- The power of attentive listening
- Hinge moments as a critical leadership tool
- Managing energy and attention
- Courageous conversations and boundary work
The learning from module 1 serves as the foundation for the second module in which the focus shifts to outward, to the participants’ teams and organisations. Questions and topics that propel learning in this module include (but are not limited to):
- How can I, as a leader, create an environment in which people excel?
- How do I enable and support collaboration across organisational boundaries?
- How do I lead people through change?
- Coaching as a leadership practice
- How can I make diversity work for my team and the organisation?
- Energising teams
•Step 1: Evaluation of candidate’s application and CV
•Step 2: If evaluated positively, a telephone interview with the programme director
•Step 3: If evaluated positively, registration, payment and intake
To apply online, refer to www.gsb.uct.ac.za/s.asp?p=333&c=103.
Email a short CV to Nondwe DeCaires at email@example.com.
Programme dates, fee and venue
Module 1: 11-14 June 2012 and Module 2: 13-15 August 2012
Programme participants need to be available to attend all the days of the programme and one evening event per module.
Cost: R24 500 per participant.
For more about the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, refer to www.gsb.uct.ac.za.
Event start date:11/06/2012
Event end date:17/08/2012
Event venue:Cape Town