Southern Hemisphere Consultants
Facilitation Skills for Participatory Development Training Course: 22 - 24 May 2012, Cape Town
We wish to inform you that Southern Hemisphere Consultants will be holding a training seminar entitled: Facilitation Skills for Participatory Development which will be run in Cape Town on 22 - 24 May 2012 at the New Kings Hotel, 94 Regent Road in Sea Point, Cape Town. We hope that you will join us on this very enjoyable training course, or that you will distribute this notice within your networks. Please note that this course is accredited as per unit standard 242726 with the Services SETA.
The objective of this course is to provide dynamic training in basic facilitation skills. The aim of the course is to equip people who are working with any form of group to be able to facilitate the group process effectively and ensure that a balance is kept between process and outcomes. This course has a good balance of theory and practice.
The course will provide a space for a wide range of professionals to learn from each other by sharing knowledge and experiences.
Having completed the course the participant will have:
- Knowledge of how to work with groups
- Increased confidence to facilitate groups
- Improved communication skills
- A range of practical facilitation tools
- An improved understanding of yourself, particularly in the group context and as a group facilitator
- Ability to deal with conflict and difficult behaviours
- Understanding of the group process and dynamics
- Understanding of the process of group decision making
- Learn tools for group decision making
- Be able to design your own facilitation processes
- Select appropriate methodologies for achieving desired outcomes
Please contact Pippa Segall on email@example.com or 021-4220205 for more information and for the registration form.