The following issues will be covered in an interactive session presented by specialists from both organisations:
- Introduction to applications for various social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Flickr);
- Introduction to the GivenGain platform (website publishing, donation reporting, database management, e-communication and online fundraising);
- Applications of the technologies and how to take these tools and turn them into value for your organisation (e.g fundraising campaigns, donor management, etc.).
- 08h00 - 08h30: Arrival and coffee
- 08h30 - 09h00: Introduction to Social Media
- 09h00 - 10h00: Benefits of Social Media
- 10h00 - 10h15: Q&A
- 10h15 - 10h30: Refreshment Break
- 10h30 - 11h30: Introduction to GivenGain
- 11h30 - 12h15: Applications & Integration
- 12h15 - 12h30: Q&A
Participants are requested to bring the following with them:
- Laptop (preferably, as there will be various practical sessions);
- Facebook account login details (www.facebook.com);
- Twitter account login details (www.twitter.com);
- Gmail account login details (www.gmail.com);
- Picasa account login details (http://picasaweb.google.com) or Flickr account login details (www.flickr.com).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn more about social media and online fundraising tools and techniques.
Participation is free of charge, but will be limited to two people per organisation.
To register and confirm your participation, please forward your name, designation, organisation and e-mail address to Dipuo Mahanyele at SANGONeT on email@example.com by 10 May 2011.