If you have dealt with the media before and do not know how to consolidate your relationships and are in need of a comprehensive media and marketing strategy, then this workshop is for you!
It is vital that the public, donors or funders know you and the best way to do this is via the media. When you do exceptional work in the communities you serve, it is of utmost importance that the public or sponsors know this. Many times international funders or sponsors do not have access to local publications, and if your work does get published you can send them copies. This always leaves behind a lasting impression. And a comprehensive marketing strategy will enable you to do this.
Basic marketing teaches you how pivotal it is that your organisation is visible and how you are perceived by the public. It is also a fact that most organisations engage with the media more by default than by design. Every organisation needs a consciously designed media strategy to create visibility amongst potential and unknown donors.
This workshop will teach you:
- The importance of a Media and Marketing Strategy
- Media and communication in the context of a sustainable organisation
- What is a Media Strategy?
- How to develop a Media Strategy
- Understand how the media work and what makes news
- Developing a Media and Marketing Strategy
- How to get your story into the mainstream media
- Steps in building good media relationships
- Understanding the media mind
- What happens in newsrooms?
- Different forms of media to create visibility and sowing seeds
- Free evaluation of your current marketing and media strategies
- Continuous support and after-care for free
- Free workshop notes
Refreshments will be served.
Cost: R195,00 per person (please make deposit in account: Rusana Christie Consulting. Bank: Standard Bank,
Account number: 206 156 243, Branch code: 023 910. Your payment will confirm your booking.)
About the facilitator:
Rusana Philander is a media specialist, professional journalist and photographer who have been actively working in the media industry for more than 10 years. She also has a strong NGO background where she trained and assisted many NGOs and CBOs to design their own newsletters. She studied Journalism at Pentech now known as CPUT (Cape Peninsula University of Technology). She later moved to the commercial media and worked for a major daily newspaper, a tabloid and a major Sunday newspaper. She has experience in radio and studied Marketing and Marketing Management. Over the years Rusana assisted many organisations and companies in getting their stories published and creating visibility. She also has experience in media liaison and worked as a researcher for established organisations.
- Writing Press Statements
- Organising press conferences
- Developing a media policy
- Help you develop a marketing and media strategy
- Assist in implementing a media strategy
- Evaluate your media strategy
- Help you start a newsletter
- Evaluate your existing newsletter or magazine and getting maximum marketing out of it.
Facilitator: Rusana Philander
Date: Friday, 30 January 2009
Venue: Scalabrini Centre, Commercial Street, Cape Town
Time: 10:00 until 15:00
How to register for this workshop
Contact Person: Rusana Philander on 073 194 7145 or e-mail her at email@example.com.