Nonprofit Legal Compliance Workshop
People First Foundation (PFF)
The People First Foundation (PFF) works in collaboration with community-based organisations in South Africa to strengthen their capacity to effectively mobilise resources, deliver valuable services to their communities and contribute meaningfully towards the eradication of poverty, effective, strong, sustainable and vibrant community-based sector in South Africa.
PPF is hosting a Nonprofit (NPO) Legal Compliance Workshop from 6-7 June 2012 in Crawford, Western Cape.
- Introduction to NPO legal compliance;
- The NPO Act;
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act;
- Public Employment Services.
- Complying with the Income Tax Act;
- The Compliance Requirements of the Consumer Protection Act for NPOs.
- Unemployed Insurance Fund;
- Workmen’s Compensation;
- Occupational Health and Safety;
- Voluntary work;
- Employment Contracts;
- Contents of CV: Do I declare that I have a criminal record?;
- Disability and HIV/AIDS in the workplace;
- Protective and Sheltered Employment.
- CCMA – unfair labour practices;
- Policies and procedures;
- Collective Bargaining;
- Disciplinary and Grievance procedures;
- Code of Conduct;
- Good Governance.
- Freda Camphor, Assistant Manager, Public Employment Services, Department of Labour;
- Lauzette Belinfante, Teamleader: Inspection and Enforcement, Occupational Health and Safety, Department of Labour;
- Lavina Brown (Dept of Labour, Basic Conditions of Employment... Teamleader: Inspection and Enforcement);
- James Senokwanyane, NPO Capacity Builder and Trustee, People First Foundation;
- Peter Hendricks, Nonprofit Lawyer and Trustee, People First Foundation.
- Workshop notes will be made available to all participants;
- Participants are responsible for their own transport and accommodation
- Certificates of attendance will be issued to all participants (electronic
- A morning and afternoon tea/coffee and a light lunch will be served.
RSVP: Vuyiseka, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or send an SMS to 078 812 4603.
Fee: R250 per person per day.
Payments should be made to:
Account Name: People First Foundation
Bank: First National Bank
Branch Code: 250655
Account Number: 62279429619
E-mail proof of payment to email@example.com
Only 80 percent of fees will be refundable upon cancellation and only 50 percent of fees will be refundable if a booking is cancelled less than 1 week before the workshop. The organisers reserve the right to postpone or cancel the workshop if the required number of participants do not register.
For more about People First Foundation, refer to www.facebook.com/pages/People-First-Foundation/199896166710135.