F W de Klerk Foundation
The F W de Klerk Foundation promotes the presidential heritage of F W de Klerk by upholding the Constitution and the national accord, working for harmonious relations in multicultural societies, promoting the peaceful and negotiated resolution of disputes, and mobilising resources for disabled and underprivileged children.
The FW de Klerk Foundation is hosting a conference entitled ‘National Policy at the Crossroads’ on 25 July 2012 in Johannesburg.
The Conference will consider the recommendations of the recent African National Congress (ANC) Policy Conference within the framework of the National Democratic Revolution, the ANC’s policy recommendations and the constitution, and the implications of the proposed developmental state.
The conference will also consider specific policy recommendations on several key topics including land reform; the utilisation by the state of private pension and insurance funds; cultural and language rights and the future of the provinces.
Speakers will include:
- F W de Klerk, former President, Republic of South Africa;
- Premier Helen Zille, Premier, Western Cape;
- John Kane-Berman, Chief Executive Officer, South African Institute of Race Relations;
- Prof Francois Venter, Dean of Law at North West University;
- Dr Leon Louw, Executive Director, Free Market Foundation;
- Kallie Kriel, Chief Executive Officer, AfriForum.
RSVP: Megan, Tel: 021 930 3622 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6 July 2012.
Cost: R400 per delegate
For more about the FW de Klerk Foundation, refer to http://goo.gl/2oXlf.