MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC) is a training centre for development cooperation in Eastern and Southern Africa. MS-TCDC is situated close to Arusha in Northern Tanzania. The Centre offers regular courses in current development topics and methods.
MS-TCDC is conducting a one-week course on Gender and Human Rights from 16-20 July 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania.
By the end of the course, participants will have developed an understanding of gender and other related concepts; obtained knowledge about the key principles of gender mainstreaming; explored power relations and barriers to asserting rights by marginalised groups - especially women - as well as acquired skills in gender analysis and budgeting.
- Basic concepts and key principles of gender mainstreaming;
- Gender analysis and analytical tools;
- Gender and policy analysis;
- Gender and human rights;
- Women’s rights and empowerment of other marginalised groups through participatory techniques: star, reflect and crest; and
- Gender budgeting.
The course is aimed at practitioners working in civil society organisations, technical staff in local governments, senior and middle level managers in development institutions and/or development agencies
- Single room: US$695;
- Shared double US$585 (including tuition and full board).
To register, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/application/application-gender-and-human-rights.
For more about MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz.