MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation
The MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC) is part of the NGO MS, Danish Association for International Cooperation.
The MD-TCDC was opened in 1976 to prepare Danish Volunteers for their assignments in different Eastern and Southern African Countries. The centre still receives these Danish Development Workers sent out by MS, for the four weeks African Orientation Course. But today, the majority of our more than 500 annual participants come for our Swahili and Development courses from regional NGOs and others.
The MS-TCDC is conducting a course on Fundraising and Contract Management from 4-8 June 2012 and 1-5 October 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania.
By the end of the course, participants will have the knowledge and skills to design and describe innovative projects, initiate funding partnerships, raise funds for long term goals, negotiate mutual contract terms, efficiently manage contracts and sustain good donor relations. Ultimately participants will strengthen their resource mobilisation skills.
- Introduction to fundraising: types of funds and funding frameworks;
- Preparing to fundraise and tools for fundraising;
- Designing a fundraising strategy; fundraising cycle and donor scoping;
- Proposal writing and project design; funding formats and proposal submission;
- Logical framework and costing the intervention;
- Managing donor relations and contracts;
- Evaluating your fundraising success - Learning for PR and strategic branding.
The course is aimed at practitioners working in civil society organisations, government and other development agencies that are instrumental in the process of resource mobilisation, fundraising and contract management
Fee for the Course:
- Single room: US$ 695;
- Shared double: US$585.
To apply, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/application/fundraising-and-contract-management.
For more about the MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz.