MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC) is a training centre for development cooperation in Eastern and Southern Africa. MS-TCDC is situated close to Arusha in Northern Tanzania. The Centre offers regular courses in current development topics and methods.
MS-TCDC is conducting a one-week course on Critical Writing for Change from 25-29 June and 5-9 November 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania.
This course is aimed at practitioners working in civil society organisations, government and other development agencies involved in empowerment processes, facilitating evaluation and learning interventions, community publishing and development and/or writing for advocacy and much more.
By the end of the course, participants will appreciate the role writing and documentation play in social change work. They will have developed analytical skills in critical thinking and documenting changes in various development themes. Participants also get a clearer understanding of social change, become more confident writing analytical stories for targeted audiences/readers, and will be able to train others in writing more powerfully.
- Exploration and identification of writing blockages – Concepts of critical and effective writing;
- Introduction to writing tools & technical skills in the writing process;
- Understanding social change and power;
- Audience analysis;
- Generating and organising ideas;
- Evaluating written information;
- Feedback methods for social change.
- Single room - US$695;
- Shared double - US$585 (inclusive of tuition and full board).
To sign-up for the course, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/application/critical-writing-change.
To download the application form, refer to http://goo.gl/DVLhg.
For more about the MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz.