MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC)
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC) is a training centre for development cooperation in Eastern and Southern Africa. MS-TCDC is situated close to Arusha in Northern Tanzania. The Centre offers regular courses in current development topics and methods.
MS-TCDC is conducting a two-week course on Conflict and Peace Building from 21 May to 1 June 2012 and on 12-23 November 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania.
The course will enable you to master and facilitate conflict resolution and ensure human security through peace.
By the end of the course, participants will have enhanced their skills in conflict resolution, crisis prevention, and peace building for the promotion of safe and just communities.
- Historical perspective of peace and conflict;
- Types, sources and concepts of conflict, conflict resolution and peace building;
- Strategies, principles, approaches and frameworks for conflict prevention, resolution and management;
- Engendering conflict and peace building;
- Relief, Rehabilitation and Development - The challenges of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons(IDPs);
- Democratic peace building processes (disarmament; demobilisation, reintegration) and good governance.
Course Code: CRP
The course is aimed at practitioners working in civil society organisations, government and other development agencies, working with or in conflict and post conflict contexts.
- Single room US$1 390;
- Shared double US$1170 (including tuition and full board).
To sign-up for the course, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/application/application-conflict-resolution-and-peace-building-course.
To download the application form for development training courses, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/sites/default/files/tcdc/PDF/appl_ngo.pdf.
For more information about this course, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/development-training-courses/conflict-resolution-and-peace-building.
For more about MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz.