MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation: Anti Corruption and Transparency
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC)
The MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS-TCDC) is part of the NGO MS, Danish Association for International Cooperation.
The MD-TCDC was opened in 1976 to prepare Danish Volunteers for their assignments in different Eastern and Southern African Countries. The centre still receives these Danish Development Workers sent out by MS, for the four weeks African Orientation Course. But today, the majority of our more than 500 annual participants come for our Swahili and Development courses from regional NGOs and others.
The MS-TCDC is conducting a course on Anti-Corruption and Transparency from 6-7 August 2012 in Arusha, Tanzania.
By the end of the course participants will have strengthened their skills to combat corruption and institute mechanisms to foster transparency and accountability. This will be done through engaging participants in a deeper appreciation of the root causes of corruption, associated legal frameworks, possible intervention strategies, monitoring tools for effective transparency and accountability.
- Concepts, root causes, consequences and impact of corruption on poverty, democracy and justice;
- Legal and institutional anti-corruption frameworks; Conflict sensitive methods, national and community strategies, civic education and Para-legalism;
- Gender analytical frameworks and mainstreaming approaches in the context of corruption;
- Intervention strategies & tools for measuring corruption; corruption barometers & indices;
- Participatory monitoring and evaluation (M&E) - indicators and anti-corruption base line surveys;
- Action planning; internal anti corruption policies/whistler blower concepts and campaigns.
Click here to apply for this course.
- US$1 390 (Single room including tuition and full board);
- US$1 170 (Shared double including tuition and full board).
For more about the MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation, refer www.mstcdc.or.tz.