MS-TCDC is a Training Centre for Development Cooperation in Eastern and Southern Africa. We are situated close to Arusha in Northern Tanzania (East Africa).
Throughout the year different courses and workshops run concurrently in a lively international atmosphere promoting sharing of experience and cross cultural discussions. Excellent facilities together with a quiet and pleasant atmosphere make it an ideal place for reflection and learning.
MS-TCDC is conducting a five day course on Empowerment and Social Change from 4-8 March and 8-12 July 2013 in Arusha, Tanzania.
The course is aimed at introducing participants to community empowerment principles so as to assert their rights in seeking social justice.
It is aimed at community resource persons, programme managers, coordinators and those in charge of projects within non-governmental and community-based organisations, development agencies and other civil society groups.
- Key empowerment concepts and human rights based approach;
- Citizenship, civic education and empowerment;
- Power and risk analysis;
- Solidarity, social movements and social mobilisation for citizen-driven change;
- Strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to empowerment; and
- Core competencies for empowerment leading to social change.
To register, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/application/empowerment.
For more information about this course, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz/course/empowerment-social-change.
For more about MS-TCDC, refer to www.mstcdc.or.tz.