Monash South Africa
The School of Health Sciences at Monash South Africa invites applications for its Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PDM) Specialising in HIV/AIDS and Health starting February 2013. The PDM in HIV/AIDS and Health is a one-year online course with compulsory contact sessions twice per annum. The course provides learners with advanced knowledge and relevant competencies and skills to meet the challenges of managing HIV/AIDS and health organisations. It is designed to enhance the employability of learners by preparing them in careers in managing HIV/AIDS and health programmes.
- An undergraduate degree in medicine, nursing, dentistry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work, psychology and public health; and
- Social and development workers and teachers responsible for life orientation, school health and HIV/AIDS are also welcome.
The course comprises of six core units and two elective units. The course involves satisfactory completion of coursework. The core units are:
- Managing HIV/AIDS and health issues;
- Policy and legal issues in HIV/AIDS and health;
- Prevention and treatment strategies for HIV/AIDS and health problems;
- Social-cultural aspects of HIV/AIDS and health;
- Managing human and financial resources for health; and
- Health and HIV/AIDS research.
Application deadline: 31 January 2013
Application details and enquiries:
Tel: 011 950 4009, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org