Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement
Join us for a full-day session on using tax incentives as a fundraising tool.
Date: Wednesday, 1 October 2014
Time: 8h30 - 16h30
Place: Inyathelo, 2nd Floor, Fairweather House, 176 Sir Lowry Road, Woodstock, Cape Town
Cost: R1 500 (excluding VAT)
Registration closes on Thursday, 25 September 2014.
The workshop will cover the following:
- Understanding the NPO tax environment;
- Demystifying tax terminology and meanings;
- Tax efficient structures for NPOs;
- The New Companies Act and your NPO;
- Using Section 18A and other tax incentives as a fundraising tool.
Note: that this is a WORK-shop, and participants may be required to complete case studies and read material ahead of the session. The training will be facilitated by Hoosen Agjee and Ridhwaan Khan from Turning Point Consultants, who have more than 25 years of combined experience in the NPO sector.
Participants will receive the following materials:
- The Attracting Support Kit for NPOs: a series of 6 booklets designed to give practical assistance on governance, fundraising, prospect research, building and maintaining donor relationships;
- Complimentary copies of “Tax benefits for the Non Profit Sector” and “A Guide to the New Companies Act & Non-Profit Organisations”;
- A quick reference tax brochure;
- Course material.