The International Centre for Parliamentary Studies (ICPS)
The International Centre for Parliamentary Studies (ICPS) exists to promote effective policy making and good governance through better interaction between parliaments, governments and other stakeholders in society. The centre's primary focus is the empowerment of human capital through capacity building. To this effect, the centre organises a range of training programmes, conferences and policy discussions to address current public policy issues on the international stage, in the European Union and the United Kingdom.
The ICPS is conducting a five-day Professional Certificate in Technology and Development course from 20-24 April 2015 in London, United Kingdom.
Innovative technology can be seen expanding at exceptional rates, playing a leading role in development of infrastructure, public services and rural empowerment. Knowledge of how this technology can be harnessed is crucial for both the public and private sectors.
Participants will further their understanding of good governance and planning techniques and, working with some of the leading specialists in the field, develop knowledge of the links between technology and development and effective plans for implementation. Alongside an overview of the status of world technology and its relationship with economic growth, participants will gain an in-depth understanding of the latest trends that have become critical players, such as social media.
This is a specialist training course leading to a Level 7 Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Certificate in Management and Leadership. Upon completion of this week-long course and subsequent written tasks, the successful candidate will be awarded a Level 7 CMI certificate in Management & Leadership showing the CMI units achieved. The CMI is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. The professional qualifications offered by the Institute are internationally recognised and sought after.
How You Will Benefit
- Examine principles of technology and its role in development;
- Understand how to affect market direction through strategic regulation and competition;
- Gain an understanding of important new aspects such as social media;
- Deliver development objectives through expanded access to information and communication; and
- Create strategies for developing internet infrastructure in urban and rural setting.
The course covers the following:
- Role of technology in service delivery and sector planning;
- Links between economic development and new technologies;
- Strategic policies through market incentives;
- Building skills through technology access; and
- International agreements and governance.
Click here to register.
Cost: £2 950 (per participant)
Enquiries: Tel: +44 20 3137 8640, Fax: +44 845 606 1539, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about the International Centre for Parliamentary Studies, refer to www.parlicentre.org.