The University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) invites applications for its Social Entrepreneurship Certificate Programme (SECP), taking place from March to November 2011 in Johannesburg.
The GIBS Social Entrepreneurship Certificate Programme (SECP) is a rigorous, accredited management course aimed at social entrepreneurs, leaders and managers of social initiatives, as well as business, CSI, and government executives looking to get more involved in the emerging social entrepreneurship field.
Through more than 20 days of intensive training over nine months, delegates gain:
- Frameworks for innovative and creative approaches to change;
- A deeper understanding of strategy, leadership, and systems thinking;
- Foundational business skills in finance, operations and project management;
- Practical application of theory in each area of training;
- Guidance from some of South Africa’s best faculty, as well as experienced practitioners.
Assignments are directly linked to each delegate's own initiative so that upon graduation s/he will have the profile of skills, tools, and resources needed to build and run an effective social enterprise or NGO.
Interested? To hear more about the experiences of 2010 delegates, view comments and video clips at www.gibs.co.za/SECP.
Duration: Four blocks of five days each, as well as pre-reading, assignments, and action learning.
Tuition: R16 500 per delegate
Contact: Lungelo Mgcina at firstname.lastname@example.org | 011 771 4230
The application deadline is 31 January 2011.
For more about GIBS, refer to: wwww.gibs.co.za.