Optimising CSI is hosting Conversations on NPO Sustainability on 20 June 2012 in Johannesburg.
Join Optimising CSI us in the first of a series of conversations with guests:
- Pat Pillai, Journalist, television news reader, Ashoka Fellow and Founder and chief executive officer, Life College;
- Marc Lubner, Award winning philanthropist and founding member and CEO of Afrika Tikkun;
- Cleopatra Sehlolo, Manager, corporate social responsibility, Rand Water.
The conversations will share individual approaches, ideas and stories around sustainability - from donor stewardship to earned income; from social entrepreneurship, enterprise development to responsible programme management and more.
Conversations recognises that there is no single expert and does not claim to have all the answers. Instead it shares best practice, develops insights and stimulates debate. Creating a catalyst for real input and lasting change.
Why this conversation is needed?
- What does it mean to be financially sustainable in a state of global recession?
- Why are so many South African nonprofit organisations (NPOs) so poor at sustainability planning and when they do, it is at the behest of donors?
- What does financial sustainability even look like?
The session will be opened by world renowned laughter coach Shareen Richter with the value of laughter – breaking down barriers in conversations and getting the ball rolling.
Time: 9h00 -13h30
GPS: 28° 2’ 10.5” E
26° 17’ 21.1” S
Admin Cost: R450 per person. No payment will be collected at the door.
To book, contact Asna Bhana, Tel: 083 378 5082, Fax: 086 646 8922, E-mail: email@example.com.