Consultative Meeting on the Draft Code of Governance for the Nonprofit Sector: KwaZulu-Natal
Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement
A draft code of governance for the nonprofit sector has been developed and released in a Call for Comment to the civil society sector and stakeholders such as donors, government and the auditing profession. The development of the draft Code is the product of an 18-month long consultative process with the sector, donors and government.
The Working Group is hosting five consultative meetings across the country to stimulate discussion and feedback regarding the draft document, which is currently titled the 'The Independent Code'.
You are invited to participate at the KwaZulu-Natal consultative meeting in order to ensure that we have a draft Code that is as comprehensive and inclusive as possible.
The Code is being developed under the auspices of the 'Working Group'. The Working Group was nominated at a Civil Society Consultative Forum held in August 2010, and includes:
- Chris Mkhize, CEO, Uthungulu Community Foundation;
- Shelagh Gastrow, Executive Director, The South African Institute of Advancement: Inyathelo);
- Colleen du Toit, CEO, Charities Aid Foundation Southern Africa (CAF-SA);
- Rajesh Latchman, National Coordinator, National Welfare Forum;
- Jimmy Gotyana, President, SANGOCO;
- Richard Rosenthal, Richard Rosenthal Attorneys (As legal advisor).
To attend the consultative meeting e-mail Janine Ogle, at email@example.com or call 021 465 6981 by 12 April 2012.
For more about Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement, refer to www.inyathelo.org.za..