6th Annual e-Gov Africa Forum 2012
Botswana Telecommunications Authority & Botswana Telecommunications Corporation
Botswana Telecommunications Authority (BTA), in partnership with the Botswana Telecommunications Corporation (BTC), is hosting the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation’s (CTO) 6th Annual e-Gov Africa Forum 2012, from 5-7 March 2012 in Gaborone.
One of CTO’s flagship events, this has grown into a platform for knowledge-sharing and best practice among peer groups steering information communication technology (ICT) projects in electronic delivery of healthcare, education and governance. This event echoes the Commonwealth’s 2012 theme 'Connecting Cultures'. A special workshop inducts parliamentarians grappling with the Internet and social media.
- e-Gov and ICTs: National strategies and international perspectives;
- Creation of e-Development labs for G2G, G2B, G2C;
- How can e-Governance projects be made effective and inclusive?
- ICT Incubators – ICT Business start up initiatives;
- Local content / applications development;
- Broadband Access and infrastructure development.
For more about the 6th Annual e-Gov Africa Forum 2012, refer to www.events.cto.int/default.aspx?event=e-Gov%202012.