Data Afrique Consultancy
Data-Afrique is a global capacity building and consultancy company that offers training and Consultancy services with its head office in Nairobi, Kenya. We offer training and consultancy services designed for individuals’ and groups from organizations working in public, not for profit organizations and the private sectors.Data-Afrique has collaborated with Government ministries, agencies and departments, UN agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations, from Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle-East and the Caribbean.
Introduction this course is crucial since on a daily basis traumatic events happen and people, especially in developing nations, do not implement the best practices in dealing with traumatic events. this course aims at equipping its participants on first aid, recovery systems of trauma, and effective treatments to victims of post-traumatic stress.
Course Objectives By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify the likelihood for trauma occurrence
- Identify the symptoms of trauma-related stress (physical, emotional, behavioral, cognitive)
- Identify post-traumatic symptoms
- Determine trauma components that affect society
- Determine recovery stages of trauma
- Understand the best counseling implementation
Duration 5 Days Who should attend This course targets NGO staff, counselors, trauma support personnel, emergency responders, medical practitioners, and new entry personnel in the field of risk management and security. The course will be beneficial to its participants since it will equip them with the understanding of trauma and the methods of overcoming trauma.
- Understanding trauma
- History of trauma
- Definitions and characteristics of trauma
- Psychological and physiological reactions to trauma
- Societal trauma in disaster (natural or man-made)
- Workplace trauma
- Characteristics of effective crisis and trauma counselors
- Intervention and assessment models
- Trauma recovery methods
- Management of emotional arou.sal
- Childhood trauma and its effects
- Counseling children approaches
- Traumatized clients counseling
- Techniques and strategies of trauma counseling
- Response to trauma by counselors
- Care in supporting people with post traumatic stress disorder
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice.
- The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs.
Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org ·
The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, Nairobi Kenya. · The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request. · Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Data-Afrique, refer https://data-afriqueconsultancy.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies