African-German Youth Initiative - Innovation Fund (AGYI-IF)
Call for Proposals closing 29 February 2020
The German Federal Government together with the African Union Commission (AUC) have launched the first open call for project proposals under the African-German Youth Initiative (AGYI) Innovation Fund.
The aim of the AGYI is to improve youth exchange and mobility between African countries and Germany and to develop essential competencies and skills among young individuals from African countries and Germany by focussing on sustainable global development and strengthening the idea of ‘global citizenship’.
There are three eligible funding windows:
- Enabling African alumni from German-African youth exchange programs to act as multipliers for youth exchange and youth voluntary services,
- Promotion of innovative and inclusive approaches of African-German or trilateral youth exchange for skills development in line with the SDGs and the AU Agenda 2063
- Promoting innovative community-based change projects within the context of African-German youth exchange and voluntary youth services to implement the AU Agenda 2063 and/or the SDGs.
In contrast to the First Call for Proposals the eligible budget has been set for all three fields at €2.000 EUR – €12.000. The maximum implementation period is 5 months.
Eligible applicants are the following:
- Registered NPO/NPC/NPO alumni organization (from an African-German youth exchange program or African-German voluntary youth service program)
- Registered NGO/NPC/NPO host or sending organization (from an African-German youth exchange program or African-German voluntary youth service program)
- Registered NGO/NPC/NPO organization (alumni, sending/host organization) preparing a project in the context of the African-German youth exchange. In this case, a brief description of the project idea and the name of the African-German youth organization foreseen as future partner must be provided
- Registered NGO/NPO/NPC parent organization for a non-registered alumni organization.
The deadline for the Second Call for Proposals proposal submission will be 29 February 2020
More information: https://agyi-applications.org/apex/f?p=141019:1:16601792925459:::::
The AGYI-IF - Proposal writing workshops will be held as follows:
Johannesburg Friday 14 February 2020 from 09:30 – 15:00
Cape Town Saturday 15 February 2020 from 09:30 – 15:00
Interested NGO/NPC/NPOs should register to attend proposal writing workshops by e-mail, detailing:
Which event you want to attend (JHB or CPTN) you organisation name, delegate names and surnames and their contact details (e-mails and mobile number) to: