Re-rooting Africa: Africa's Routes to Preventing and Responding to Child Abuse, Violence and Neglect
Jelly Beanz invites you to their innovative regional African conference.
Date: 18 to 21 August 2019
Venue: The Cape Town City Hall
Cost: Early Bird African Delegate R2450 and Early Bird International Delegate R4950. Early Bird Closes on the 15 May
African Delegate: R2750 and International Delegate R5490
In Africa, the majority of children in need of care and protection have limited to no access to child protection services or mental health care, in spite of progressive legislation and pockets of excellence in law enforcement, health and the judicial services.
Delegates from developing and developed countries are invited to join us to reconnect with our African roots regarding child protection and finding the African routes towards ending cruelty to all our children.
This conference aims to gather people who are committed to changing the landscape of child protection in Africa.
There are nine pathways in this conference to guide us towards African solutions to protecting Africa's children:
- Prevent violence against children in Africa going back to our roots
- The many faces of intergenerational trauma in Africa
- Promote positive discipline as a strategy to reduce corporal punishment in Africa
- The shadow side of the online environment for children: the need to regulate and educate
- Poverty and the layers of exploitation of children
- African children and armed conflict: from war to gang violence
- Prioritise the protection of children marginalised by disabilities
- Children affected by sexual violence: interventions for children, families and communities
- Multi-faceted approaches to dealing with children in conflict with the law
For more information, refer to www.childtraumaconferenceafrica.org