Arise offers two Train-the Trainer workshops, where we equip other professionals to run our award winning programs in their own context and spheres. These workshops are Fierce, a self esteem group for teen girls and and Finding Feelings, an emotional literacy group for Grade 1s and 2s. The workshops will be facilitated by Clinical Psychologist, Robyn Jacobs, and Danielle Moosajie, Social Worker with a Masters in Social Policy and Management and were awarded National Social Innovation Gold Award from Community Chest Impumelelo 2018.
Fierce - Self Esteem Group for Teen Girls
- 6 sessions of strength based, self-esteem development workshops for teen girls.
- Session focuses on a specific topic covered in a 60-minute session format. Each workshop can be presented individually.
- Designed to be delivered in a group setting, with approximately 10 participants, between the ages of 14 and 16 years. The sessions can be adapted for younger or older learners.
- Includes a session plan for a parent feedback session and a 3 month follow up session with the participants. This ensures ongoing family strengthening and provides a platform to conduct rigorous monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Objectives are assessed by the use of a self-esteem questionnaire from participants themselves, as well as the evaluation sheets completed by each participant.
Finding Feelings - Emotional Literacy Group for Grade 1s & 2s
- The ability to cope effectively with emotions is essential to the children’s social development and behaviour.
- 6 sessions of strength based, emotional literacy development
- Each session focuses on a specific topic, covered in a 60-minute format, and building on each of the previous weeks’ topics.
- Designed to be delivered in a group setting, with approximately 10 participants, between the ages of 6 and 8 years. The sessions can be adapted for younger or older learners.
- Includes a session plan for a parent feedback session and a 3-month follow up session with the participants.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the program.
- Objectives are assessed by the use of an emotional literacy questionnaire from participants themselves, as well as evaluation and discussion by the learners’ teachers.
Durban - Fierce (Thurs 23 May), Finding Feeling (Fri 24 May) http://qkt.io/soiUcc
Port Elizabeth - Fierce (Thurs 22 Aug), Finding Feeling (Fri 23 Aug) http://qkt.io/mr6IJV
Gauteng - Fierce (Wed 2 Oct), Finding Feeling (Thurs 3 Oct) http://qkt.io/iln7UZ
Both workshops are CPD accredited - HPCSA - 6 points, SACSSP - 5 points.
Each workshop costs R1750 with a 10% discount for booking both workshops - R3150. The workshop ticket includes lunch and a course manual with digital resources. For any questions, please contact Arise on 021 633 4058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.