The course offers essential training on emergency planning process and the rationale behind planning. It is essential in developing the student’s capability to effectively participate in all types of hazard emergency operations planning processes with the aim of saving lives and securing property that is prone to disaster.
Duration The training will take 5 days.
Targeted Audience The course is designed for disaster risk management agents who are involved in the development of effective emergency planning systems.
Course Objectives Upon completing the course, the participants will be able to: ·
- Pursue a career and work on emergency planning and management.
- Understand the theories and practice in a wide range of fields as they build a relevant experience in the industry.
- Develop skills that are crucial to the management of responses of various emergencies such as natural disasters, civil technological incidents, and transport accidents.
- Examine various tools and products that are capable of developing and integrating information into forms the influence the making of decisions at different levels.
- Establish contingency plans to guide other organizations against various hazards. Methodology The methods for training will entail the use of guided sessions, presentations and practical exercises.
The course will also utilize web based tutorials and group work whereby the participants will work with professionals in these fields.
Course Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya Start Date: 1/21/2019 End Date: 1/25/2019 Fee: Ksh 80000, $900